Types of Structural Adhesives
2 Component Structural Epoxy & Polyurethane
Araldite® 2000 Core Range
Araldite® 2000 series of Core Range Adhesives are made of nine types of adhesives that are applicable in diverse applications spanning from advertising signage to airplane assembly purpose. These 2 component structural adhesives packed in convenient dual-pack cartridges or bulk packagings are able to bond similar and dissimilar materials substrate with very high lap shear strength and ability to withstand extreme temperature cycles, chemical and impact resistance are available in different viscosities and setting times that can be selected to suit the required application.
Araldite® 2000 with its nine reliable adhesives to choose from, can simplify your product selection when planning a new project. Using these well-tested adhesives, backed up by Huntsman's expert development support, you improve predictability, accelerate time to market and keep your project within budget.
These loading bearing structural epoxies are packaged in an easy-to-use Dual-Pack cartridge in 50ml, 200ml & 380ml sizes that are easy to purge and applied by way of a manual or pneumatic handheld dispensing applicator. Araldite 2000® series of epoxies bond virtually to all types of materials whether similar or dissimilar resulting in exceptional overlap shear strength, excellent chemical, and all-weather resistance.
- Easy to use.
- High overlap shear strength.
- Excellent chemical resistance.
- Bonds to all types of materials like metals, FRP, SMC, thermoplastics, glass, and wood.
- Excellent temperature resistance up to 120C.
- Good aging resistance.
- Automotive plastic parts bonding.
- Marine & shipbuilding application.
- Bus and truck bodies panel bonding.
- Composite facade panel bonding.
- Electronic components bonding.
- Ferrite core bonding.
- Araldite® 2011 - A multipurpose, two-component, room temperature curing, paste adhesive of high strength and toughness.
- Araldite® 2012 - A rapid cure, multipurpose, two-component, room temperature curing, high viscosity liquid adhesive of high strength and toughness.
- Araldite® 2014-2 - A two-component, room temperature curing, thixotropic paste adhesive of high strength with good environmental and excellent chemical resistance.
- Araldite® 2015-1 - A two-component, room temperature curing, thixotropic paste epoxy that has high structural strength with excellent chemical resistance.
- Araldite®2019 - It combines the properties of high-temperature resistance and toughness for high-end carbon composites bonding.
- Araldite® 2028-1 - A clear two component fast curing polyurethane adhesive that is used for potting and bonding.
- Araldite® 2031-1 - A two-component adhesive that is a black weathering resistant adhesive specifically designed to bond advanced composites with high strength.
Araldite® Industrial & Engineering Adhesives
Araldite® Industrial Adhesives range has an extensive of adhesives that are preferred and used by industrial, aerospace, electronic, construction and even consumer due to its high bonding performance, chemical, weather resistance and long term reliability. Huntsman Advanced Materials maker of Araldite® is a leading global supplier of synthetic and formulated polymer systems for customers requiring high-performance materials which outperform the properties, functionality and durability of traditional materials.
Araldite industrial range of epoxies adhesives is versatile, easy to use systems that provide very high strength bonding to all kinds of materials substrates like metals, FRP, SMC, engineering plastics, wood, glass, and many more. To cater to the different industries' demands, these Araldite's epoxies come with variable viscosities, gap-filling ability, pot life, and cure condition. These epoxies has excellent working strength, chemical, weather and excellent temperature resistance.
Key Features of these epoxies:
- Excellent adhesion to metals and thermoset composites
- Outstanding lap shear strength and peel strength
- High fatigue resistance
- Very high impact resistance
- Excellent chemical resistance
- Easy processing
The Araldite® adhesives range offers high-performance bonding solutions for a wide variety of applications in assembly operations and maintenance. The products have been designed to meet the key requirements of many industry sectors.
- Electrical engineering and electronics
- Filter manufacturing
- Heating, ventilating, air conditioning
- On-site and off-site construction
- Pipes and tanks
- Renewable energies
- Sign and display
- Sport and leisure
- White goods
- Araldite® AY 103-1 HY 991 - Multipurpose high strength, transparent epoxy.
- Araldite® AW 106 & HV 953U - Multipurpose epoxy with long work life and low shrinkage after cure.
- Araldite® AW 134 & HY 991 - Multipurpose epoxy, viscous liquid with high strength.
- Araldite® AW136H & HY 991 - Multipurpose epoxy, viscous liquid with high strength.
- Araldite® AW 136H & HY 994 - Multipurpose high strength epoxy viscous liquid with toughness.
- Araldite® 136HS & HY 994 - Multipurpose high strength and toughened epoxy.
- Araldite® AW 138M-1 & HV 998-1 - High viscosity and thixotropic epoxy with high strength.
- Araldite® AW 139-1 & HW 5323-1 - Thixotropic, high strength epoxy that can resist high temperature and chemical resistance.
- Araldite® AV 144-2 & HV 997 - Metal-colored epoxy that is suitable for vertical application with high strength and chemical resistance.
- Araldite® AV 1580 & HV 1580 - Colour-coded epoxy with easy mixing. Has good gap-filling ability and low coefficient of expansion.
- Araldite® 2104 & HW 2951 - Rapid curing paste epoxy.
- Araldite® 2104 & HW 2934 - Rapid curing, general purpose epoxy.
- Araldite® AV 4738 & HV 4739 - Ambient curing paste epoxy that will resist temperature up to 150°C with post-curing.
- Araldite® AV 4415 & HV 4416 - Ambient curing paste epoxy that will resist temperature up to 180C with post-curing.
- Araldite® 420 A/B - Extremely tough and resilient epoxy that give very high lap shear strength.
Epic Resin - Epoxy & Polyurethane Adhesives
Epic Resins is a leading supplier of premium all-purpose adhesives, formulated with a wide range of characteristics and chemistries. It has developed and manufactured epoxies and polyurethanes in multiple formulations for over 60 years and has a reputation for quality work, fast turnaround, and cost-effective pricing. Epic Resins formulates and manufactures epoxy resin and polyurethane adhesives for general purpose industrial use. The range of adhesives includes low viscosity epoxy resin and urethane adhesives that flow into intricate areas, as well as epoxy paste adhesives and thixotropic polyurethane adhesives designed not to sag or run on vertical surfaces.
Epic Resin is the industry leader in the development and manufacturing of versatile and high-performance adhesives that are favored by industry end-users for their reliability, ease of use, meeting performance standards, and most importantly, competitive value. Apart from 2 component adhesives, Epic Resins also has a 1 component adhesive system that is widely used for bonding foams, woods, metal, and vinyl substrates.
- Available in 1 or 2 component adhesive systems.
- Good variation of viscosity to work on.
- Different setting of gel time available.
- Structural bonding strength for reliability.
- Wide temperature resistance setting.
Epic Resin adhesives range offers high-performance bonding solutions for a wide variety of applications in assembly operations and maintenance. The products have been designed to meet the key requirements of many industry sectors.
- Panel Bonding
- Truck & Bus Bodies Panel Lamination
- Honeycomb Panel Lamination
- Wind Energy
- Paint Brushes
- Automotive Headlight Assembly
- Oil & Air Filter Assembly
1 & 2 Component Epoxy Adhesive
- Epic S7069 is a premium grade, completely reactive, solvent-free two-component epoxy adhesive. This system is extremely versatile which allows it to be utilized with a wide variety of applications. For example, Epic S7069 can be used as an adhesive for paint rollers and paint pads, a masonry adhesive, or a potting compound for transformers and PC boards. Applications for Epic S7069 are virtually unlimited.
- Epic S7068 is a two-component, high-strength, structural epoxy resin adhesive designed for bonding fiberglass reinforced plastics and metals. This epoxy adhesive bonds well to most SMC formulations with little or no surface preparation. In addition, S7068 offers mix ratio flexibility and good peel strength.
- Epic S7045 is a two-component, extremely fast-curing epoxy adhesive. The 1 to 1 mix ratio, rapid cure, and good adhesion offered by this epoxy resin adhesive system make it ideal for many applications. This epoxy adhesive is particularly useful for field repairs. Epic S7045 adhesive is recommended for any application requiring bonding of wood, metal, plastics, and/or concrete.
- Epic 0193 is a one-component epoxy adhesive. Epic 0193 epoxy adhesive has been designed as a non-sagging thixotropic paste that is resilient and offers good resistance to gasoline and oils. Epic 0193 epoxy adhesive is recommended when bonding materials in environments that see moderate temperatures and severe vibration.
- Epic S7422 is a two-component epoxy compound designed with a short pot life and anti-sag properties. Epic Resins S7422 is recommended in applications where quick turnover of parts is desired as well as good chemical resistance is needed.
2 Component Polyurethane Adhesive
- Epic S7226 is a two-component urethane adhesive designed to give superior adhesion to a variety of substrates including FRP laminate and polyester. Epic S7226 polyurethane adhesive is supplied as two liquids and when mixed, form a paste suitable for use on vertical surfaces. Epic S7226 urethane adhesive will not sag in large diameter bead applications.
- Epic S7191 is a two-component urethane adhesive system. Epic Resins S7191 is a quick setting adhesive designed to be flexible for use in applications where the completed assembly will be required to bend without breaking.
- Epic S7450 is a two-component urethane adhesive designed with a long pot life and a convenient 1:1 by volume mix ratio. Designed with matching viscosities on both sides of the product, S7450 is extremely easy to mix and dispense through many equipment configurations.
- Epic S7428 is a two-component urethane paste that is designed to be used for automotive body repair. S7428 features a convenient 1:1 volumetric ratio with a light paste consistency for easy workability. S7428 has been tested and meets ROHS requirements. This material adheres to PVC with a bond so strong the PVC breaks before the adhesive bond.
- Epic S7400A/B is a two-component polyurethane adhesive designed with a convenient 1:1 by weight or volume mix ratio and a fast room temperature cure. Epic S7400 urethane adhesive offers many features including excellent adhesion, outstanding elongation, and greater stress endurance than other, more rigid urethane adhesives.
- Epic R1079/H5091 is a tough, two-component urethane adhesive designed with an easy-to-use 1:1 by weight or volume mix ratio. Epic R1079/H5091 has excellent adhesion to metals and many plastics. Epic R1079/H5091 can be used in applications where a more rigid epoxy resin adhesive would fail.
Vitrobond - 2 Component Structural Epoxy
Vitrobond 2 component epoxies are state of the art adhesive technology system that develops exceptionally high lap shear strength for bonding most type of substrates like, metals, engineering plastics, fibreglass, composite, wood, and rubbers. When fully cured, these epoxies have working temperature performance, withstand most industrial mild chemicals, has good weather elements resistance and some with good thermal conductivity. These 2 component epoxies are available in a range of pot life, colour, work-life and viscosities and packed in easy to use dual pack cartridge.